This policy applies to Shoreview Insurance.
- Offering and providing insurance and financial products and services to you;
- Establishing and maintaining communications with you;
- Verifying your identity and the accuracy of your Personal Information with government agencies, industry associations, brokers or insurers;
- Analyzing and assessing risks on a prudent basis;
- Determining and facilitating your payment of fees and premiums;
- Investigating and paying claims;
- Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities;
- Compiling statistics;
- Complying with the law or the requests of law enforcement agencies or regulators; and
- Notifying you or allowing our affiliated companies to notify you of certain products or services offered by us, or our affiliated companies
Your knowledge and consent of Shoreview’s collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information is critical. We rely on the following actions by you as indications of your consent to our existing and future Personal Information practices:
- Your voluntary provision of Personal Information directly to Shoreview Insurance or through an insurance broker or representative for the purpose of acquiring an insurance contract or financial service or product (including information previously provided to Shoreview Insurance);
- Your express consent or acknowledgement contained within a written, verbal or electronic application process;
- Your consent solicited by Shoreview Insurance (or its agent) for a specified purpose;
- Your consent given through your authorized representative such as a legal guardian, agent or holder of a power of attorney.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Shoreview Insurance will inform you of the consequences of withdrawing your consent. In some cases, refusing to provide certain Personal Information or withdrawing consent for Shoreview Insurance to collect, use or disclose your Personal Information could mean that we cannot provide you with insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information. If you wish to withdraw your consent to be notified of marketing initiatives, please call 1-303-442-3100.
Shoreview Insurance will maintain your Personal Information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the Identified Purposes.
Shoreview Insurance will protect your Personal Information by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Safeguards will vary depending on the sensitivity, format, location and storage of the Personal Information.
Accountability, Openness & Customer Access
Limiting Collection & Retention of Personal Information
Shoreview Insurance will collect, use or disclose Personal Information only that is necessary for the Identified Purposes or as required by law. If Personal Information is required for any other purpose, you will be notified of the new purpose, and subject to your consent, that new purpose will become an Identified Purpose. Shoreview Insurance will collect Personal Information only by fair and lawful means. Shoreview will retain Personal Information only as long as is necessary for the fulfillment of the Identified Purposes.
Shoreview Insurance does not sell its customer lists or other personal information.
Right to Be Informed
You can expect to access clear information about your policy, your coverage, and the claims settlement process. You have the right to and easy to understand explanation of how insurance works and it will meet your needs. You also have the right to know how insurers calculate price based on relevant facts. You have the right to ask who is providing compensation to Shoreview Insurance for the sale of your insurance. Shoreview Insurance will provide information detailing for you how Shoreview Insurance is paid, by whom, and in what ways.
Responsibility to Ask Questions & Share Information